This time of year, I get this question quite a lot. I spend many hours trying to find ways to guide you, our ministry partners, towards those candidates who support pro-life and pro-family values. How can you find those candidates? Here are three quick ways.
- Look at who Family Policy Alliance of North Dakota endorsed. We put each candidate through a rigorous process before endorsing them. While there are never any guarantees, we feel confident that these men and women will uphold your values in the state legislature, particularly if they have a voting record that demonstrates their pro-family stances. The state legislative candidates we have endorsed for this election include:
- Diane Larson, District 30, Senate
- Janne Myrdal, District 10, Senate
- Cole Christensen, District 24, House of Representatives
- Mike Wobbema, District 24, Senate
- Ben Koppelman, District 16, House of Representatives
- Jim Kasper, District 46, House of Representatives
- David Clemens, District 16, Senate
- Kathy Skroch, District 26, House of Representatives
Note that if a particular candidate does not show up on this list, they may still be a strong advocate for your biblical beliefs, but simply did not request to be endorsed.
- Review our Legislative Report Card. We have received a lot of positive feedback on our report card and encourage you to review it when choosing who to vote for. It may surprise you to see how your district’s senator and representatives voted on some pro-life and pro-family bills from last session. We encourage you to use your vote to hold them accountable. You can go to our report card by clicking this link: FPA Report Card.
- Call and ask us. We have your perspective and values in mind when you call and ask for guidance on who to vote for. While we won’t comment on things outside our mission (such as 2nd amendment rights or climate change), we will speak to candidates’ values on subjects we focus on (such as life, sex and gender, and other family policy issues). You can reach us at 701-355-6425.
Exercising your biblical citizenship means voting for candidates that uphold your values. Family Policy Alliance of North Dakota is here to help. Thank you for trusting us with this important task.
President and Executive Director
This article was originally published in Family Policy Alliance. Click here to read the Original Article
Powered by WPeMatico