RESPECT LIFE MINUTES
• Live & Large Rosary Tim continues to make progress making the LARGE Rosary. Drilling holes in 2-3 inch beads a challenge and looking for a 12” metal partand beginning work on cross. Tim would welcomeanyone with carpenter skills to help in construction of this large Rosary.
• Karl has made a ton of progress in developing process for “harvesting” articles for frequent distribution every few days as appropriate which enables timely communication while news is fresh. May eventually drop monthly newspaper although there is concern that we need a vehicle for “local news” communication.
Concern was voiced that we don’t want Karl’s workload to become too much as he manages this communication.
• Fr. Fernando gave a terrific homily 10/4 on Respect Life and we appreciate his authorizing a full page article in the bulletin on Respect Life. He was not willing to publish the voter’s guide concerned that it may upset a number of parishioners as we have a number of members of both political parties in the congregation.
• Archdiocesan Fall Meeting 9/26 recap has been sent out. Some key elements:
+Ministry will focus on Abortion and End of Life issues.
+A one page “End of Life” handout from Fr. Neil of St. Catherines has been distributed… thanks to Betsy for sharing!
+It was noted that end of life legislation has been gaining momentum globally.
• Ministry Leadership We will have new leadership effective 12/1/2020 as Mike is stepping down. A solicitation will be distributed to our news distribution list asking that one consider and pray over this opportunity. In the absence of someone assuming leadership, ministry will become inactive. Please consider and pray for the Holy Spirit to inspire one to come forward of if you know someone that may be interested please communicate and pray for them.
• NEXT MEETING will be the Monday 11/9 after the election. While we originally planned to have a guest speaker (Greg Northway on Fatima and the predicted spread of errors from Russia on socialism/communism), we will reschedule that for a separate time as we want to leave ample time to discuss/resolve ministry leadership
• Some upcoming events:
+Vote Catholic 10/21 7-8:30 PM Live Stream @ vote-catholic.live/2020 Questions call Don Conklin 214-563-0634
+Life Chain 11/1 2 PM Marietta Planned Parenthood Hwy 41 location.
Prayer To Open Meeting:
O MARY, BRIGHT DAWN OF THE NEW WORLD,
MOTHER OF THE LIVING,
TO YOU DO WE ENTRUST THE CAUSE OF LIFE
LOOK DOWN, O MOTHER,
UPON THE VAST NUMBERS
OF BABIES NOT BEING ALLOWED TO BE BORN,
OF THE POOR WHOSE LIVES ARE MADE DIFFICULT,
OF MEN AND WOMEN, WHO ARE VICTIMS OF BRUTAL VIOLENCE,
OF THE ELDERLY AND THE SICK, KILLED
BY INDIFFERENCE OR OUT OF MISGUIDED MERCY
GRANT THAT ALL WHO BELIEVE IN YOUR SON
MAY PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL OF LIFE
WITH HONESTY AND LOVE
TO THE PEOPLE OF OUR TIME.
OBTAIN FOR THEM THE GRACE
TO ACCEPT THAT GOSPEL
AS A GIFT OF EVER NEW,
THE JOY OF CELEBRATING IT WITH GRATITUDE
THROUGHTOUT THEIR LIVES
AND THE COURAGETO BEAR WITNESS TO IT
RESOULETELY, IN ORDER TO BUILD,
TOGETHER WITH ALL PEOPLE OF GOOD WILL,
THE CIVILIZATION OF TRUTH AND LOVE,
TO THE PRAISE AND GLORY OF GOD, THE CREATOR AND LOVER OF LIFE. AMEN
ST. JOHN PAUL II EVANGELIUM VITAE