Abortion activists are praising former South Bend, Indiana mayor Pete Buttigieg again for defending late-term abortions.
Breitbart reports Buttigieg’s 2019 comments supporting third-trimester abortions resurfaced recently on social media and went viral. As the November election approaches and the Senate considers the confirmation of U.S. Supreme Court nominee Amy Coney Barrett, many voters are thinking about the future of abortion and the rights of unborn babies in America.
Buttigieg’s comments are being used to mislead the public about why women have late-term abortions.
In a May 2019 town hall with Fox News host Chris Wallace, Buttigieg said he “trusts women to draw the line” on abortion, according to Snopes.
“So just to be clear, you’re saying you would be ok with a woman well into the third trimester deciding to abort her pregnancy?” Wallace pressed, noting that about 6,000 women abort their unborn babies in the third trimester every year.
Buttigieg claimed that third-trimester abortions happen because of “devastating medical news” involving the mother or her unborn child.
Keep up with the latest pro-life news and information on Twitter. Follow @LifeNewsHQ “We’re talking about women who have perhaps chosen a name,” he responded. “Women who have purchased a crib, families that then get the most devastating medical news of their lifetime, something about the health or life of the mother or viability of the pregnancy that forces them to make an impossible, unthinkable choice. And the bottom line is as horrible as that choice is, that woman, that family may seek spiritual guidance, they may seek medical guidance but that decision is not going to be made any better, medically or morally, because the government is dictating how that decision should be made.” But it is not true. Most late-term abortions are on viable, healthy unborn babies who have healthy mothers. What’s more, doctors have confirmed that killing an unborn baby in a late-term abortion is never necessary to save the mother’s life. In an emergency situation, the baby would be delivered alive; killing the baby first would only delay efforts to save the mother’s life. The truth is that most late-term abortions are elective. Diana Greene Foster, a well-known pro-abortion researcher at the University of California San Francisco, wrote in 2013: “… data suggest that most women seeking later terminations are not doing so for reasons of fetal anomaly or life endangerment. Indeed, we know very little about women who seek later abortions.” Ron Fitzsimmons, the former executive director of the National Coalition of Abortion Providers, made a startling admission about late-term abortions as well in 1997. He told the New York Times that he had lied to U.S. Congress when he said late-term abortions are rare. Fitzsimmons said late-term abortions are more common than abortion activists admit, and many are on healthy mothers carrying healthy unborn babies. And late-term abortionist Martin Haskell, who is credited with inventing the partial-birth abortion procedure, said in a 1993 interview with American Medical News: “I’ll be quite frank: most of my abortions are elective in that 20-24 week range…. In my particular case, probably 20% are for genetic reasons. And the other 80% are purely elective.” News outlets also have published stories of women admitting to having elective late-term abortions. In 2019, New York Magazine featured the story of an Oregon woman who aborted her unborn baby at 28 weeks of pregnancy even though they both were healthy. Americans deserve to know the truth. Thousands of babies who could be born alive, survive and thrive outside the womb are being killed every year in supposedly “safe, legal” abortions across America. And Democrat leaders defend this clear human rights abuse, this mass destruction. The Democratic Party platform supports abortions without restriction and wants to force taxpayers to pay for them. Democrat presidential candidate Joe Biden said he supports abortions “under any circumstances” and wants to codify Roe v. Wade into federal law – positions that signal his support for late-term abortions, too.
Powered by WPeMatico