RESPECT LIFE MINUTES
- Feedback on Newsletter continues to be very positive…keep sending Karl your articles for inclusion. Karl is well into revamping our website in conjunction with similar parish effort. More to come.
- While the Mass for Unborn originally was scheduled for October 23, we are looking for another date as Rod is not available on that date. Will advise when new date is agreed upon.
- Suzanne and Rachel presented our keychain prayer to 40 Days for Life folks who deferred as they have a full plate at this time with 40 Days kickoff close at hand. Tim suggested we consider refrigerator magnet. Will discuss further at next meeting.
- Re bus trip to DC January event, St. Joseph’s Life people are meeting on this 9/10 and will advise next steps. Peggy is coordinating to see if our teens can be included. Developing.
- Victor has UNPLANNED DVDs in office, Contact him to buy for $15.99.
- On 10/27 Transfiguration teens will have a chance to be exposed to selected ministries at their TEEN MINISTRY DASH. They will be able to choose 4 ministries to visit from 8 to 9 PM. We will be one of those ministries that can use this opportunity to inform/recruit our teens on our Respect Life ministry. we would like to have young person present to improve teen communication. Mike to check with Rachel re her availability. Peggy working with Karl re a handout for this meeting.
- Tim to develop a “personal invitation” to send to newcomers homes to inform and invite them re our ministry. Mike to get permission and names/addresses from pastor once invitation is developed.
- St Josephs is hosting the national 40 Days for Life kickoff campaign on September 24 at 7PM with Shawn Carney as the featured speaker. RSVP to Hanna (770-656-2930) or Rachel (404-922-7659). Check flyer in church bulletin.
KEY DATES FOR UPCOMING ACTIVITIES:
- 9/14: National Day of Remembrance (12 PM for a prayer vigil at St. Thomas More Roman Catholic Church. The address is 636 West Ponce de Leon Avenue, Decatur, GA 30030).
- 9/19-9/29: Cobb Right To Life State Fair Booth Sign Up: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0444a9ad2ba5fc1-cobb1
- 9/25: Candlelight Vigil at 6 AM in front of Planned Parenthood Marietta to begin 40 Days of Life campaign.
- 9/26: GRTL Dinner.
- 10/6: PAC Dinner “PROTECT THE PRESCIOUS” – Oceans Ballroom, Georgia Aquarium, 357 Luckie Street, Atlanta RSVP 404-763- 4357)
- 10/6: Life Chain (Roswell – Hwy 92 at Woodstock / King 2-3 PM 770-314-3271; Woodstock – 92 at Creekview Dr. / Hames Rd 2-3 PM Coordinator to be determined.
- 10/10: HOPE Center Banquet (7-9 PM 550 Molly Lane, Woodstock, Ga. 30189 RSVP Hope Center 770-924-0864)
- 10/11: Laughs for Life.
- 10/13: LIFE CHAIN at St. Anns at 2:30 PM